Making First Grade FANTASTIC

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Catching Up With the Times

I love following teacher blogs and many times, while reading a post, I think, "I should do this too."  I have no idea what I'm doing as a blogger, but I do want to share ideas, tips, tricks, and lessons that I've learned and use everyday in my classroom.

This is my eighth year teaching.  I have taught three years of kindergarten, I subbed K-6 grade for a year (after a move to get married), and I am now on my fourth year in first.  I adore first grade!  Firsties still love coming to school and learning, but they are so much more independent than kindergartners.  There are just so many incredible opportunities for teaching and learning!

First and foremost, I believe that any classroom has to be organized, child-friendly, and structured.  In a classroom that is well managed, fantastic learning will take place.  So, with that said, that is where I'll start.  Stay tuned for a classroom tour, management tips, and more!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I look forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete