Making First Grade FANTASTIC

Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Groundhog Day!! (2 days late)

Well, in the past 5 weeks, I think we've been out of school as much as we've been in school.  Fortunately Unfortunately, we had two and a half days of ice this week, so we missed Groundhog Day.  Today, we were finally able to do some activities for the holiday.  My favorite was this directional art activity.  I used it to assess my students' direction following skills.  I didn't tell them ahead of time what we were making...just that it was going to be a picture of something we celebrate in February.

They did a pretty good job and I got a fun chuckle looking over them after school.  I thought you might enjoy a peek.

Here's my picture.  I showed the kids mine at the end.

Here's the kid's work:







Aren't they adorable?  Some of them look a little more like bears, but I promise you, they are groundhogs.  Hope you got a chuckle!  
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THOSE!! Bears or Groundhogs they are SUPER CUTE!! :)

    ReplyDelete