Making First Grade FANTASTIC

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Teacher

I'm linking up with Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade for her Meet the Teacher linky party.







A little about me...

I'm 29...pushing 30 in a few short months.  I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2003 with a degree in early childhood education.  I started teaching right out of college at the elementary school I attended as a child.  I taught kindergarten for two years there before moving to be with my then boyfriend (now husband).  After moving, I subbed for a year, mostly in 5th and 6th long term positions.  The following year, I was hired to teach kindergarten.  A year later, I moved to first grade and have been here ever since.  This is my eighth year teaching and I LOVE MY JOB!  I completed my Masters of Arts in Education from Walsh University in 2007.  In the future, I'd love to work on getting my national board certification.



I've been married for 4 1/2 years to a wonderful man.  We met at UT when I was a freshman and he was a senior.  We don't have any children yet, but pray that we will be blessed with a house full of children some day soon.  We love to travel, eat great food, and work on our mid-century ranch.

Ok, on to the questions...

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't a teacher?
A: I absolutely, positively love to decorate.  I'd love to help people decorate their homes on a budget.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Well...decorating and DIY, cooking, gardening, sewing, crafting.  Does teaching count as a hobby?

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A TEACHER!  My mom's a teacher and would bring home old bulletin board sets for me to hang in the basement.  My poor brother suffered many a summer's day pretending to be my student.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Diet Coke, Real Housewives (New York and New Jersey), cupcakes

Q: What's your biggest fear?
A: hmmm...that's a tough one.  I guess it would be losing a loved one, especially my husband or parents.

Q: When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: Well, we love Jamaica.  Headed back this summer...woot!  We've also been to Lima, Peru and are looking forward to going back (my brother and his wife are missionaries there).

Q: What's the best advice you've ever received?
A: Trust in God's plan for your life and pray for Him to guide your paths.

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Sincerity and honesty.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: I am a big thinker.  I want my kids to think big and know that they can do anything they set their minds to.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world...living or dead...who would it be?
A: Well, my answer sort of depends on the day.  Right now, I'd have to say my mom.  We live about three hours apart, so I don't get to see her too often.  I'd love to be able to sit down and have lunch with her on a random weekday.

Something random:  I took piano lessons for 10 years and taught lessons as my job through college.

No comments:

Post a Comment